Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!

My deepest apologies to the families of all those who died holding their breath waiting for my next post!

I was talking to a co-worker this afternoon about blogs, and mentioned the he probably shouldn't bother with mine since I haven't updated it since my last birthday. Imagine my horror when I logged on to look around and realized that my "last" birthday was in 2007!! And now you know where this title comes from. What you'll have to imagine on your own, though, is the fretful hand-wringing that goes with it.

So...please forgive me, and check back often. I promise not to allow such a gap again!

As my first good-faith efforts towards a fruitful blogging year, please accept this, along with my apologies (again):

While using the facilities at work, I once glanced at the floor and noticed that a previous patron had left behind the shells (husks?) of a handful of sunflower seeds. The shells were no longer sporting their usual dusty appearance (a pretty good sign that they had recently been in previous patron's mouth), so naturally I was a little disturbed. I'm not a big fan of anything getting left behind on the bathroom floor, especially food. But this really got me thinking: how long would a person have to stay on the toilet before they not only think to themselves, but also act on the thought, "Hey...I could really go for a snack right now."




Sure...it's not the best post ever, but it's a post alright? Quit whining, I'm trying to save lives here!

3 comments:

C.J. said...

Glad to have you back and posting! Just in time to save those lives!

Tania said...

you're alive!! I love ya!

B said...

Wow! I was so grateful to see you up and blogging again!! :)

P.S. That is so gross!! To me eating in the bathroom is bad as is talking/texting on the phone. Oh the horror!!